I’m going to get right down to it, I LOVE leg day. If I could I would do legs every day.. but let’s face it, no one wants to be oddly proportions. Which is another reason why no one should EVER SKIP LEG DAY!
Start off with some warm ups and stretches. I stretched today before getting to the gym and then start off controlled in my movements. Then start!
- Barbell Squats x 4 sets of 5-6 reps, going up in weight after sets. (I normally go up 2.5-5 lbs at a time depending on how my back feels.)
- Romanian Deadlifts & Standard Deadlifts x 4 sets of 6-8 reps, again going up in weight with sets.
- Weighted Walking Lunges x 4 sets of 10 count (20 each leg)
- Leg Extensions x 4 sets of 10 reps, going up in weight after the second set, making sure to pause at the top of the extension.
- Hip Abductor x 4 sets of 8 reps, going up in weight with every set
- Finished with 10 minutes on the stairmaster at level 9, making sure to feel the muscles working through each step.
I had on my routine to do the Leg Press x 4 sets of 6-8 reps then using the Leg Press to do Calf press x 3 sets of 10 reps. Unfortunately someone was using the machine…
So here I want to put out a PSA: If you are done using a machine then RERACK YOUR WEIGHTS! Do not disappear from the weight area with the machine racked! No one will know if you are done or not. It is common courtesy!
Until next time..